We zijn trots om aan te kondigen dat EasyComp Host een vernieuwde website heeft gelanceerd met nog meer krachtige hostingopties. Naast onze nieuwe website, hebben we de capaciteit van onze server rack verdubbeld en zijn we volledig in eigen beheer. Dit betekent dat we in staat zijn om onze prijzen zo laag mogelijk te houden terwijl we onze klanten blijven voorzien van de beste service. Daardoor zijn we in staat tot 5x meer te kunnen aanbieden dan eerder het geval was en dat alles voor een zeeuws prijsje!Continue reading
Two-thirds of UK organisations defrauded since start of pandemic
Nearly two out of three UK companies say they have experienced some form of fraud or economic crime in the past two years, according to a reportContinue reading
Hydrogen’s promise: How fuel cells might power lower-carbon datacentres
Could UK datacentre operators soon adopt emerging hydrogen technologies to reach expanding energy and emissions requirements?Continue reading
Google Cloud expands European presence with opening of Madrid region
Public cloud giant Google is continuing to build out its datacentre footprint across Europe with the opening of its latest region in Madrid, SpainContinue reading
Microsoft launches ‘top secret’ Azure cloud region for US intelligence community
Microsoft continues to deliver on its pledge to provide cloud services to the US government that are compliant with all strengths of data classificationContinue reading
Research points to growing importance of secondary datacentre hubs across Europe in years to come
Datacentrepricing’s half-year look at the growth of the European datacentre market reinforces the rising importance of secondary datacentre hubs across the continentContinue reading
Amazon vs Google vs Microsoft: Gartner report blasts public cloud giants’ sales tactics
Latest Magic Quadrant report from Gartner shines a light on heavy-handed sales tactics by some of the public cloud market’s biggest playersContinue reading
What is nearshore outsourcing?
Nearshore outsourcing is the practice of getting work done or services performed by people in neighbouring countries rather than an organization’s own country.
The most common types of jobs that are outsourced include software development, technical support and call center jobs.
Nearshore outsourcing is contrasted against offshoring and onshore outsourcing.
Nearshore vs. onshore vs. offshore outsourcing
While nearshore outsourcing involves hiring for services in nearby countries, offshoring involves employing or contracting services in countries that are further away. These options provide a stark contrast from onshore outsourcing, which is simply employing or contracting services from someone outside the organization, but still within the same country.
For example, for companies in the U.S., outsourcing nearshore might be to countries like Canada and Mexico. However, full offshore outsourcing could be to Asian countries like India or the Philippines; South American countries like Argentina or Brazil; or European countries like Ukraine.
Choosing to outsource destinations depends heavily on a business’s requirements and the type of job.
The pros and cons of nearshore outsourcing
Nearshore outsourcing has its pluses and minuses:
- Closer geographical proximity. This means that travel and communications are easier, as the outsourcer is likely to be a similar time zone. For companies that utilize offshore outsourcing, the time zone differences can be hard to manage when meetings are needed or a quick turnaround is required.
- Cost savings. Nearshoring can be more cost-effective depending on the location and the type of job, although this is not always the case. For example, nearshore software development is a far more specialized skill and, therefore, labour costs may not be as inexpensive as, say, a call centre.
- Larger talent pool. In addition to in-house talent and outsourcing within the states, by nearshoring, a business can significantly expand access to various high-quality service providers and outsourcing partners.
- Language barriers. While not true in all instances, there are some cases where language barriers and cultural differences can make maintaining a nimble working relationship difficult. However, this is not always the case, as there are many neighbouring countries that exhibit cultural similarities.
- Not as large of a talent pool as offshore outsourcing. While nearshore outsourcing provides a larger talent pool than onshore outsourcing, it’s not as large of a talent pool as offshore outsourcing.
- Less convenience. In some cases, it’s not as convenient for teams in different locations to work together. For example, in software development outsourcing — during a deployment where rapid response and troubleshooting is required — it may not be feasible for two people in different locations to work together and be able to provide a quality software product. However, organizations can often resolve these types of IT service issues with pre-determined, rotating on-call schedules.
For organizations interested in outsourcing, a nearshore outsourcing company can help provide quality service at a lower cost, while also helping to facilitate adoption of the organizations’ business processes and protocols that their in-house team use. Check our solution and contact us for a tailor made concept! We are happy to help!
More than half of European IT outsourcing spending will soon be on cloud services
Cloud services will soon be the largest part of the IT services market in Europe, as enterprises invest in them as part of their Covid-19 recovery strategiesContinue reading
Financial services sector’s cloud use set for more regulatory scrutiny on resilience grounds
Financial stability report by Bank of England’s Financial Policy Committee raises red flag about banks’ growing reliance on a small number of cloud service providersContinue reading